Monday, June 2, 2008

Sigh

I didn't do anything for Great Pumpkin Day again this month. Do you realize that we only have 5 more GPDs before the big day? And it looks like we're having a wedding right in the middle of October? Do you know how critical it is for me to get busy? Do you? Do I? Evidently not, judging from my lack of activity. I'll do better soon, I promise!

In the meantime, here's a few more tips and ideas from Gooseberry Patch's Autumn in the Country cookbook. I shared a few on Scarecrow Soup also. I love these books!




#Line the front walk with canning-jar luminaries on Halloween! Paint scary or funny faces on jars using black poster paint and nestle tealights in several inches of sand.

#Show off your pumpkin carving skills...set Jack O' Lanterns on overturned large garden pots

#Place feathered faux black crows in the windows, on lampshades and all around the house for a spooky Halloween feel. (I really like this one)

#Use a linoleum craft knife to carve swirling designs on pumpkins. Since only the outer surface is carved, there's no need to hollow out the pumpkins..so easy!

#Carve or drill a pattern of round holes in hollowed-out pumpkins, then set tealights inside for a flickering glow.

And, a quote:
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion." Henry David Thoreau

Me, too!

Later!
Cathy

No comments: